I love veggies. One of my favorites is Brussels sprouts. Just about any way you make them, I think they’re yummy. That’s one of the reasons I decided to make these Brussels into an uncooked slaw for our Eat Your Greens #SundaySupper theme this week. Thanks so much to DB or Foodie Stuntman from Crazy Foodie Stunts for hosting!
I started this recipe by shredding 1 pound of Brussels Sprouts, 4 carrots (peeled) and 1/2 head of red cabbage in my brand new, handy dandy, Kitchen Aid Slicer/Shredder attachment. After shredding all those veggies, my kitchen sure smelled fresh! That was the hardest part of the recipe. If you don’t have a Kitchen Aid Slicer/Shredder Attachment, feel free to use your food processor, or for heaven sake, a cheese grater (this might end up taking a lot of time and patience and you’ll probably wish you had just made a regular old coleslaw with a bagged mix from the grocery store).
Once you have your veggies all nicely shredded up, toss them together. Next, in a separate bowl make your dressing. I used mayo, Miracle Whip, canola oil, white sugar, apple cider vinegar (white wine vinegar would work if you don’t have apple cider vinegar, but please don’t use white vinegar), celery seed (I love this stuff in slaw) & salt & pepper to taste.
I mix that up well and toss it over the veggies. Then I toss in pomegranate flavor dried cranberries. I tossed this in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving at a women’s gathering at church. It was a hit.
Totally scarfed down!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 4 carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup canola (or vegetable) oil
- ¼ cup apple cider (or white wine) vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. celery seed
- 5 oz. package pomegranate (or cherry or regular) dried cranberries
- Combine veggies in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine Miracle Whip, mayonnaise, oil, apple cider vinegar, celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss well to combine.
- Add seeds and dried cranberries and toss again.
- Chill for at least ½ hour.
I love veggies for greens, but there are sure a lot of other green foods out there, as you will see if you check out some of the fun things my #SundaySupper friends have cooked up this week! What a great way to celebrate St. Patty’s tomorrow! Although Hubby says he celebrates St. Patty’s with ORANGE because he’s Protestant Irish, he says GREEN is Catholic Irish. (I think he celebrates with orange because he likes to be different from everyone else!)
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?
It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Want to know the #WeekdaySupper Menu for this Week?
Pop on over to our Weekday Supper Newsletter to see all the DELICIOUS things we’ll be cooking up!
I’m starting a new link party and looking for Co-Hosts! Check it out here!
This post is being shared on: