Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty needle in /home/content/17/12011717/html/wp-includes/media.php on line 1088
I love beef stroganoff, always have! In fact it was one of my favorite dinners as a teenager. And, although it can be complicated, it can also be very delicious when made extreemly simple! My favorite way to make it is with ground beef. It’s just so much easier, and less expensive than other cuts, and it’s what I was raised with, so I guess for me it’s all about comfort food.
I also love almost ANY recipe that is easy and delicious. If I can put something together in about 30 minutes and have it on the table, I’m a happy camper. What’s more, with only a few ingredients, I can get my shopping done quickly, if I even have to do any at all. I especially love it when I find a recipe that is full of yummy ingredients that I already have in my kitchen. For just that reason, I love finding pantry ingredients that are specalized for making quick meals. I know that some people frown on using canned soups in recipes, etc., but in my life, it’s all about getting dinner on the table. That’s better than ending up at the fast food restaurant.
I was especially excited when I found som Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic. I usually put garlic in my Beef Straganoff, but with this soup, that is a step I can skip (if you like more garlic in your Straganoff, please feel free to add a clove or two to yours).
Start by browning your ground beef over medium-high heat. When the beef is not quite brown, add your mushrooms and onion and cook them until the mushrooms are sauteed and the onions are transluscent.
Add the soup and bring it to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the sour cream, let it come up to temperature, season as desired with salt and pepper and VIOLA! You’ve got dinner.
I like to eat it served over rice, Hubby prefers it over egg noodles. A while back I made it and put it over frozen tater tots in a casserole dish and stuck it in the oven for awhile. You can serve it on whatever you like!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cans (10¾ oz) Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
- 16 oz. sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper (or steak seasoning if you prefer), about 7-8 minutes.
- Just before ground beef is completely browned add onion and mushroom and cook until mushrooms are nicely browned and onions are transluscent, and additional 5-7 minutews.
- Add Cream of Mushroom soup and heat until simmering, 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add sour cream. Mix in well and allow to warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice, macaroni, tater tots, toast or any other item of your choice.
Who doesn’t like an easy recipe with only a few ingredients? This weeks #SundaySupper, hosted by the awesome Alice from Hip Foodie Mom is all about those kind of recipes! Appetizers, Entrees, Side Dishes, Desserts, you can make it all with only a few ingredients! Thanks so much to Alice for all your hard work hosting this awesome theme! Now you can check out what all of these awesome recipes are below!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes with Chorizo from La Cocina de Leslie
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fruited Jasmine Rice from It’s Yummi
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Italian Cheese Panini from La Bella Vita
- Drunken Chicken and Potatoes from Webicurean
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Lemon Chicken and Potatoes from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from Dinner Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foil Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?
It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Want to know the #WeekdaySupper Menu for this Week?
Pop on over to our Weekday Supper Newsletter to see all the DELICIOUS things we’ll be cooking up!
I’m linked up to: