This week for #SundaySupper we’re having a BBQ Party! There’s sure to be lots of yummy food on the Que as well as great sides, drinks and desserts! Thanks so much to Jennie of The Messy Baker and Melanie of Melanie Makes for hosting this Shindig!
I have an awesome fruit/jello salad that I love to make every year for the 4th of July. It makes a great BBQ side/dessert and it’s even great anytime of year. It’s nothing fancy, but it always disappears quickly when I take it to potlucks Bar-b-ques or family gatherings! It is so versatile because you can use any jello flavor and just about any fruit you want. I use canned fruit, usually just fruit cocktail and either manderin oranges or chunk pineapple. I have also used fresh banana, tropical fruit and fresh grapes.
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 large tubs cool whip
- 1 large package flavored gelatin (use the flavor you like or a flavor that matches your color theme)
- 3 cans fruit cocktail
- 1 can mandarin oranges or chunk pineapple
- 1 bag colored marshmallows
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes.
- Place 1 tub cool whip in a stand mixer and start mixing on medium speed.
- Add cream cheese cubes to cool whip slowly, allowing time to mix. When all cubes have been added, continue mixing until cream cheese in thoroughly combined with cool whip.
- Slowly add gelatin powder and mix well to combine. Stop mixer and scrape down sides. Mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Drain liquid from all fruit.
- In a large bowl combine cool whip/gelatin mixture, drained fruit, marshmallows and remiaining tub of cool whip and fold together until completely combined.
- Chill at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
You may also wish to use fresh fruit such as sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, grapes (you may wish to halve them), chopped kiwi fruit, fresh pineapple, etc. You may also add nuts, such as chopped walnuts to the salad if you wish.
If you haven’t done so already, swing by my recipe link party, The Yuck Stops Here to check out some other YUMMY treats that my awesome bloggy friends are sharring this summer! Share your stuff too if you so desire!
So, what’s on the menu for this delicous, virtual Bar-B-Q Shindig? Check it out:
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?
It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Want to know the #WeekdaySupper Menu for this Week?
Pop on over to our Weekday Supper Newsletter to see all the DELICIOUS things we’ll be cooking up!