I love Pasta e Fagioli, I’m a sucker for anything pasta and beans. It’s even better when you add some ground beef and some squash! I added some sliced zucchini and yellow squash.
This week for #SundaySupper we’re celebrating the awesome flavors of squash. Whether it’s summer squash or winter squash, squash is awesome! I love it any way you make it, I like acorn squash like in my Squash and Apples, butternut squash like in my Winter Squash Rolls, or my favorite combo like what I used in this recipe, yellow squash and zucchini like in my Very Best Minestrone, my Grilled Masala Chicken with Vegetables or my Roasted Vegetable Manicotti or Lasagna. Not to mention pumpkin in savory preparations like my Slow Cooker Chunky Pumpkin and Roasted Tomato Chili or in sweet preparations like my Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Kiss Surprise. And these are only MY favorite squash recipes! I’m sure my fellow #Sunday Supper friends have LOADS of delicious squash recipes, check itg out below! And lots of thanks go to Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen and Christy of Confessions of a Culinary Diva for hosting!
This dish is also the beginning of #soupweek here on Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos! I will be sharing a new soup each day this week as my way of welcoming the cooler autumn weather! I love soup in fall, and can’t wait to make all different kinds. What better way to kick off #soupweek than with an easy slow cooker soup? I hope you will find a soup you will enjoy in the cooler weather as well!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1½ carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1½ teaspoons oregano
- 1½ teaspoons pepper
- 2½ teaspoons parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces pasta (I just used elbow macaroni, but you can use whatever pasta you prefer)
- parmesan cheese for garnish, if desired
- Brown beef in a skillet. Add onion, carrots and celery. Saute 2-3 minutes. Add garlic. Continue to saute until onion is transluscent.
- Put beef mixture to your slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Add pasta 45 minutes before time is over (if planning to have leftovers, see note below).
- After pasta cooks for 45 minutes, serve garnished with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Here are all the awesome squash recipes I promised!
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie in a Glass from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini Pancakes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups & Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli e Zucchini from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette from Ruffles and Truffles
- Acorn Squash Ramen from Ninja Baking
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce from Simply Healthy Family
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Risotto with Butternut Squash, Chicken and Sage from Cooking Chat
- Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha no Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters from Nosh My Way
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Delicata Squash and Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler with Cornbread Topping from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Buns with Cookie Butter Glaze from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?
It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Want to know the #WeekdaySupper Menu for this Week?
Pop on over to our Weekday Supper Newsletter to see all the DELICIOUS things we’ll be cooking up!