When I was a young woman one of my favorite things to do during the summer was go to our church Girl’s Camp. I went every year from the age of 12 to the age of 17. I loved learning to cook over a fire, tie knots, use first aid, etc. Some of my fondest memories as a young woman are from girl’s camp, and some great friends were made there. Then when I was about 24 I went as a leader. When Hubby and I were first married we went together as chaperons.
There are a few things I learned to cook at Girl’s Camp that I still love to cook today. One of them is this super simple breakfast burrito that you would never expect.
This week for #SundaySupper we’re featuring all things stuffed, rolled and wrapped. We’re hosted this week by the awesome Amy Kim of Kimchi Mom. She’ll be making Korean Style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes to share with us today which I’m sure you won’t want to miss, so be sure to swing by and check them out! She wraps a mean sushi roll too, you should check out her Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls as well. Thanks Amy for hosting!
- 2 hot dogs
- pat of butter (if desired, only use at home)
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk (optional, only use at home)
- 1 cup cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 flour tortillas
- To prepare while camping:
- Roast your hot dogs over the fire. When hot dogs are finished cut into slices.
- Put a skillet over low flames on the fire and put sliced hot dogs and eggs into the skillet. Whisk the eggs with your spatula while in the pan. Add cheese just before eggs are cooked and allow to melt slightly. Remove skillet from the fire. On your mess kit plate assemble your burrito - lay your tortilla down, fill with egg mixture and roll (you may want to tuck in each sides before rolling, or you can just roll it up and hold on tight as you eat it).
- To prepare at home:
- Slice hot dogs and fry them in a skillet with a pat of butter (if desired) over medium-high heat.
- Beat eggs. Add milk and whisk well to combine, season with salt & pepper (add your other favorite seasonings, if desired. I like to add a touch of onion powder and a touch of garlic powder).
- When hot dogs are cooked, add eggs and most of cheese (saving a little for later) and cook to desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes.
- You may warm tortillas in the microwave for 10-15 seconds if you wish (I warmed mine in our convection oven on the warm setting).
- To assemble burritos: lay tortillas on plates, add egg mixture, top with remaining cheese and roll by folding in the sides and rolling tightly.
2. These burritos freeze very well. Double wrap in plastic wrap, label with a sharpie and pop them in the freezer. When you're ready to eat them, unwrap and microwave them for about 1 minute.
I start by frying my hotdogs in a little butter, I do this because I think it helps the hotdogs to brown up a bit and because I like to scramble my eggs in a little butter anyway. Then I add the egg mixture and the cheese to the fried hotdogs.
Once the eggs have cooked, I put half of them in the middle of one of my tortillas and top it with some of the remaining cheese.
Then I roll the burrito up by tucking in both sides and rolling it as tight as I can. You can see that it is pretty full, making it hard to wrap. This amount of ingredients can really make 3 burritos if you’re using smaller tortillas like I was. Once it’s all wrapped up, do the second one and you’re ready to eat!
Check out all of the other great Stuffed, Rolled and Wrapped recipes from my #SundaySupper Friends:
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Shell Pierogies by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root and Lentil Lettuce Wraps with Yogurt-Garlic Dressing by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Thai Peanut Stuffed Jalapenos by Healthy. Delicious.
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Grandma Katrinas’ Russian Cabbage rolls (Golubtsy) by European Cutie
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Lunchroom Meatroll by MarocMama
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito by It’s Yummi!
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Steak Smothered Burritos by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Rolled Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sause by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Bread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Herbed Venison Lettuce Wraps by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?
It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Want to know the #WeekdaySupper Menu for this Week?
Pop on over to our Weekday Supper Newsletter to see all the DELICIOUS things we’ll be cooking up!
This post is being shared on The Yuck Stops Here