It’s simple really, take a bunch of ingredients and throw them in the slow cooker. Cook them for awhile, and viola, dinner. I love making meals in the slow cooker. I love making dessert in the slow cooker. I love making snacks in the slow cooker. I love making side dishes in the slow cooker. I love making appetizers in the slow cooker. I haven’t met anything I don’t like doing in the slow cooker. I haven’t yet made bread in the slow cooker, but I understand that it can be done. I’m sure I’ll give it a try someday. So when the #SundaySupper theme for this week was announced I was in a spin as to what I was going to make. So I started asking people what they thought was the best thing to make in the slow cooker. Hubby said pot roast. Mom said pot roast. My sister said pot roast. To pot roast I said, “Yech, that’s so boring!” I chatted a little longer with my mother and came up with this idea, Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeño Pork Chops. I based it on the Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce I made in October for #SundaySupper. That recipe uses cranberry sauce, dried cranberries and jarred jalapeñoes. This recipe is just as simple, it includes apricot jam dried apricots and jarred jalapeñoes, slathered over seared pork chops and cooked in the slow cooker all day for a juicy tender meat.
Hubby loves sweet and spicy together, so this was the perfect dish for him (I even had him put it together as I haven’t been feeling well this week).
- ¼ cup jarred jalapenos diced
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup dried apricots diced
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 Pork chops
- Place all ingredients except pork chops into the slow cooker. Sear pork chops over medium-high heat until both sides are lightly browned. Add pork chops to slow cooker cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve over rice, with noodles or with a baked potato and some steamed veggies for a delicious dinner.
This Slow Cooker #SundaySupper is being hosted by Cindy of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings – a big thanks goes out to her for hosting! And look at all the lovely ideas for your future slow cooking enjoyment!
Whet Your Appetite
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pot Roast and Portabello Stew from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
This post is being shared on the following Parties!